Wednesday, March 25

Get yer Popcorn! Hot Dogs! Sheep’s Ricotta Gnudi with Brown Butter & Sage!


So I’ve been getting a lot of flack lately from my so-called “friends” about ticket prices in the new Yankee Stadium. Well, they’re kinda expensive. A seat near the field will run you over $2,000. And a seat in the non-alcoholic bleacher section is $14. Big deal. This is NY. And the Yankees are not receiving any TARP funds (yet) so they can pretty much charge whatever they want.


I don’t think $2,000 for a seat is that unreasonable. Especially since it includes UNLIMITED food from some of the world’s top chefs. According to the NY Times:


“The food will be prepared at open cooking stations run, from time to time, by Masaharu Morimoto of “Iron Chef” fame, April Bloomfield of the Spotted Pig, chefs from Le Cirque and cooks from Elaine’s… Those seated in the Delta 360 Club will have access to a dining room where chefs from the Food Network will occasionally cook at two open kitchens.”


So you’ll find me at plenty of Yankee games this summer. Except I’ll be sitting in the grandstand, chowing down on a Nathan’s hot dog and drinking warm whiskey from my flask. But I COULD have a gourmet meal in the Bronx if I wanted to…

No comments: