Monday, April 7

My New Year's Resolution

This year, I decided to make a somewhat reasonable new year’s resolution. No more “go to the gym more” or “drink less” or “save up more money for bail” in 2007. Instead, I vowed to not eat hot dogs unless I was at a baseball game. Now, most people wouldn’t consider this a resolution at all, since most people don’t eat hot dogs on a monthly, weekly, or even a daily basis. But I’m not most people.

So far, I’ve had unbelievable success. Sure, there was that time on St. Patrick’s Day when I inhaled two hot dogs in under 45 seconds, but that was a means of survival. Could you really expect me to drink for 10 hours straight without eating a vital protein/carbohydrate combo?

So Friday night was the big night. The night I was finally allowed to eat a guilt-free hot dog at Yankee stadium. I’m just posting this to say that it was probably the most unbelievably delicious hot dog I ever encountered. Perhaps it was the fact that I didn’t pay for it, but I enjoyed it so much that I decided to eat another hot dog the next day. At Nathan’s Original on Coney Island. While this might be out of my New Year’s guidelines, who can pass up a chance to chow down on an All-American icon while strolling the boardwalk and drinking Russian vodka out of a Sprite bottle? I consider it a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, even though I’ll most likely do it again next weekend.

So what were your new year’s resolutions? And did you stick with them? Knowing my readers, I’d venture to guess that you didn’t. Prove me wrong.

No comments: