Wednesday, April 16

To the Man With No Pants on the N train...

As if Craigslist Missed Connections (the godfather of legalized stalker sites) wasn’t enough to creep you out, there is now an entire Web site dedicated to finding that ‘total hottie’ you saw on the subway this morning. Behold – Subway Crush.

My favorite thing about these missed connections sites are how vacant and vague the postings always seem to be. It’s like they all share the same pathetic-borderline-pyschotic template:

Subject: To the hottie with the body on the E Train

Me – Black Jacket, Jeans and Sneakers.
You – Red hair, black coat, black boots.

Now, I never ever do this but I figured I’d give it a try! Saw you on the E train this morning and you were reading the paper. Not sure if you saw me, but I think you’re really fly. Email me back if you wanna grab drinks…or something else!!!!

If an online posting is not going to work, then I don’t know what is. Maybe next time you can actually approach this person and speak to them. Or, perhaps, mass transit is not the ideal place to meet a significant other. Call me old fashioned, but I still meet my men just the way I like them – 7 brewskies down and stumbling on the dance floor.

No comments: